Image-based, managed online backup
Plan B's Online Snapshot service maintains an onsite and offsite replica of the entire contents of your Windows servers. This is updated frequently to enable more granular recovery of very recent data.
The service delivers a 15-minute RPO (Recovery Point Objective) for Windows servers. Backups are run every 15 minutes then rolled up in to a consolidated file for the day, week, and month, with options available for longer term data retention to satisfy regulatory and compliance requirements.
Onsite replicas are stored on a Plan B managed Media Agent to ensure an ability to recover data rapidly when required (with the offsite backup providing additional recovery options).
The Online Snapshot Service is New Zealand owned and operated and leverages the latest cloud technology and Plan B expertise. It is designed with strict levels of security and regular data integrity checks which ensures a high level of recoverability, freeing you up to concentrate on your core business.
This service includes:
- Point in time snapshot images transferred to an onsite Media Agent and then replicated into the Plan B cloud to ensure your backup is moved offsite frequently (with the ability to replicate multiple servers simultaneously and optional control on the amount of bandwidth used for replication)
- Data compression technology to reduce the amount of data needing to be stored and sent
- Ability to recover directly from the onsite Media Agent or directly from the Plan B cloud to minimise recovery times (when subscribed to Plan B’s Standby Office & ICT Equipment service)
- Up to 30 days of data stored on disk onsite and offsite for rapid access to your most recent data (stored under a daily, weekly, and monthly consolidation regime)
- Quick, simple recovery of individual files or a complete server through your own internal IT resources or Plan B, depending on the circumstances, including the ability to recover quickly to dissimilar hardware or to and from virtual environments
- Highly secure solution with all data encrypted during the replication stage as well as at the onsite and offsite storage locations
- Data integrity checkpoints through every stage of snapshot and replication to minimise potential recovery issues
- Access to optional Long-term Data Retention if required to comply with regulatory storage and archiving needs